Cox Media Group’s Digital and Strategy Team is looking for two summer interns with a passion for social media and mobile. In this role, you’ll be working closely with the folks who handle the strategic direction for Cox Media Group’s 100+ television, radio and newspaper properties from a social (that’ll be me, as well as our Social Monetization Manager, a new position Mashable described as an industry first) and mobile perspective. You’ll very likely end up working with other folks in our team who handle email, contesting and analytics too. You’ll be helping out with everything we do, from research, deploying new social and mobile products (like our mobile web sites, app development, community tools and social media initiatives), supporting our properties with their efforts to engage their audiences with social. You’ll also be encouraged to explore and come up with your own projects and ideas for experiments.
Here are some of the things we hope you’re looking for:
• A paid internship (that’s right, paid!) for eight weeks in Atlanta, one of the best cities in the country for college grads
• A place where geeks can be themselves and learning abounds (we organize our own lunch & learns on subjects ranging from Django programming for non-techies to bicycle maintenance, internet advertising 101 to wilderness medicine)
• An fun-loving team environment (office pranks are common)
Here are some of the things we’re looking for:
• You’re actively engaged in social networks and use mobile apps regularly (you’re pretty much addicted to both)
• You’ve got a passion for how media sites should work and an understanding of the content publishing business
• You’ve built an app for Facebook, iOS or Android (a plus for this position)
Interested? Send me a resume and a cover letter/email explaining why you think you’d rock this internship, and why social media and mobile are so important today. The deadline to apply is basically to get in touch before I find the people I’m looking for, which I’m hoping to do as soon as possible!